Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thankful!

My family and I have so much to be thankful for! Monday evening, June 25th my dad had a major heart attack while playing basketball in a league with David and Brad and several of David's friends. Dad collapsed and had no pulse...everyone around him stepped into action FAST. A woman who had been watching the game knew that the church where they were playing was equipped with an AED and ran to get it. One boy from the opposing team began CPR and another boy worked the AED. They saved my dad's life and we are so very thankful. If he had to have this happen, this was the place to be. The ambulance came and took dad to the hospital where he had surgery. We found out that dad had a blockage to a major artery, when this artery fails death usually occurs within five minutes, the ambulance took six minutes to arrive. The fast action of the people around him and the fact that the church had an AED truly saved my dad's life. He is now out of the hospital and doing well! Usually this blog is very lighthearted but it's purpose is to document our life and this was too big of a life event to leave out. We love you, Dad/Granddad and are so happy you are okay!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, i am so glad he is ok. your post gave me chills when i was reading how everyone responded so fast and knew exactly what to do. so, so glad he is ok!

    ReplyDelete